Design Generator Info Pack
Alongside our creative workshops, Mesh Mash is running the design generator, a new way to connect for emerging young designers and artists from the western suburbs who are keen to be part of the Mesh Mash story.
We are looking for creative young people to develop designs for the Mesh Mash product range that address one or more of the following themes:
1. Natural Environment
Under this theme we are looking for artworks that explore biodiversity; examples include flora, fauna and images of our coastal, wetland landscapes. Works under this theme will be selected by the Mesh Mash crew.
2. Social, Political and Environmental
We are looking for work that responds to social, political and environmental themes which could be expressed in the form of text, drawing, collage, poem or composition of images. Works under this theme will be selected by the Mesh Mash crew.
3. Open category
Deadline for design submissions is currently 30th of September.
We are always looking for new fresh designs for our range, so watch this space!
Design Pack Information
Designs can be provided as sketches, collages, graphic compositions or photographs. The design will need to be scaled and prepared to become a one or two colour print.
Tips for creating screen print ready artwork:
– Use a black pen or marker to create artwork final to create clean and clear lines
– If using collage use contrast for the best positive/ negative balance
– Use appropriate language
– Use your own ideas
– Create a design appropriate/ suitable to our product range
– Create a design within the parameters of the theme (s) nominated or selected.
– Limit to one or two colour
Here are some examples of effective one and two colour print designs:
Bike Alex Hotchin, Peace Tom Civil, Bird Foundation CrewCat Celeste Potter
Collage and Rubbings:
There are a variety of ways to create textures from existing surfaces. This is a link to using industrial landscapes to create print designs.
Performprint: Using alternative printing techniques Performprint use carved skateboard wheels rolled through ink into to create designs.
The following images of Mesh Mash's designs can be used as examples of categorizing different designs under the suggested themes.
1. Natural Environment
Hand cut stencil by Foundation crew, Photocopy leaf by Miriam, Illustration Jordie O'Connor
2. Environmental, Social and Political
Illustration of Train by Georgia, Digital artwork Justin Tumiliar, Illustration by Ashlea Hoenig
There are no limits to how many designs an individual or collective can submit. A fee of $50 is paid for selected designs and artists will be credited for their works.
To Submit your Design
· Fill in your details and sign the Design Generator Application Form and along with your design email to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Designs must be no larger than A4
(21 X 29.7)
· Sent as a resolution of no less than
· Files are to submitted as a jpg. pdf
Please note: Mesh Mash retains the rights to adjust the final design to assure the best quality outcome for print production.
NO Deadline for design submissions! The project is open all year for 2019